Thursday, March 7, 2013

Season of Service: 40 Days of Good Week 4

On to Week 4!

Day 22
So this is what it feels like to have done 21 days of service for Lent. It is definitely easier to give up sodas...like the kids. We had soccer tonight, so my service for the day is for them. This practice is not going to be the typical practice. I let the boys scrimmage the whole time. They had a blast and I think it might have helped them more.

Day 23
We leave for Jamaica tomorrow, so I am taking my lenten service to a new country. I don't know how this is going to work out, but it will be fun, mon! (see what I did there?) I know it is a bit cliche, but I helped an elderly lady cross a busy intersection. When I drove by, she had made it across one half of the street, but it seemed she was stuck in the middle. I pulled up to her and asked if I could help her. I stopped the traffic and helped her across. Good feeling and I hope the cars stopped saw it and passed on.

Day 24
We left DFW early this morning for Jamaica to meet D there, who was already here for a business trip. I thought my service for the travel day would include being nice to everyone at the airport. This is such a thankless job, they need to hear they are doing good every now and then. Well, started off great until I ran into our gate agent who was less than friendly. So, I decided she did not count and continued on.

Day 25
I think it is time to bring my Lenten Service Project to the people of Jamaica (LeBron reference). Again it was one of those things where being nice and a proper ambassador from the USA goes a long way. This might be the running theme of this vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment