Friday, December 16, 2011

Culinary Point of View

I cannot believe it is almost time for Christmas. It seems like it was just Halloween!

I have been awful with this blogging thing. It is so hard to find the time, between running around dropping and picking up the kids to helping out with the wife's companies. I finally just had to say "ENOUGH! I AM WRITING THE DAMN BLOG TODAY!" So, here I am. I have so many ideas to write about. Do you all want a review of all the fabulous restaurants we went to while in Disney? Do you all want the recipes for the dinner party I through last week? I decided to ignore those and go with something happening with me and my culinary Point of View.

For the past six months, I have been cooking many different types of cuisine. I have done the Italian, German, Chinese and American (which is really just a combination of all cuisines), all while trying to pair down my menu of things I know I can cook at a moment's notice. All this has lead to my discovery of the type of cuisine I love. Southwest/Asian Fusion!

We all know how much I love peppers and how I figure you can add a pepper to anything and make it good. Well, I got to thinking...how about adding peppers and Southwest flavors to Asian foods? I tried a few fusion recipes and they were amazing! The flavors molded together and made very nice, palate pleasing meals.

So what meals have I created? Well, I would not be a good blogger if I gave away all my recipes. I have to get you all back to read the new stuff, don't I? So a little tease of things to come...Jalapeno Sushi Rolls, Fried Southwest Spring Rolls, Fried Rice Chili Relleno. These are just a few of the recipes I will be sharing in the coming months.

So, how does this relate to you? As I have always said, the adventure of cooking comes by trying new things. Who cares if it does not work? You can always toss it aside and say, "Nope. Not cooking that again."

The biggest gains in life come from the failures we achieve. (went all philosophical on you there)

Happy Cooking!
Ordinary Chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment